Monday, March 7, 2011

Nov 27, 2005

I bought a pair of finches to keep Squeak company. There's a bird show twice a year at the fair grounds right near Debbie's house, and I just learned about it and we went for the first time. One breeder offered a pair of white zebra finches in a cage for ten dollars. A very good deal. I figured they wouldn't be hard to care for, and having a little life in the room would keep Squeak from feeling lonely.

They were a male and female and in this photo, they're very tired after a long day of being brought to the market, being sold, and brought home. I set them on the table behind Squeak's cage, then sat on the couch. Squeak was up high on his top perch waiting to be covered, already in his one-footed sleeping pose. The finches started peeping - they have the oddest beep beep sound - and I swear Squeak froze - looked in their direction (he couldn't see them) then looked right at me with a "What did you do NOW?" look. Very funny.


No comments: